A lot of simple legal matters happen daily and the bulk of situations are involved in civil litigation. Civil litigation is a dispute between 2 or more parties, companies, or individuals, business partners who have fallen out and which can’t resolve with no court of law. On such a basis, the parties considered taking their disputes to the court for determining which one is right.
Unlike in small claims court, neither party may not look for assistance from a lawyer in court, the civil litigation often requires a civil litigation lawyer to help parties work on their problems. Who should you ask for legal help? The Singapore Lawyer is one of the most trusted civil litigation lawyer in Singapore. Contact them today.
What is civil litigation?
A body of law that sets out the standards and rules that courts follow abducting civil lawsuits is a civil procedure. Civil litigation is defined as a process of civil matters to be resolved in a court of law. When touching about civil matters, it can be described as circumstances dealing with relations between:
- Contract dispute (between corporations)
It is a case between individuals or businesses that are filing suit against each other.
What are the types of civil litigation?
There are four common types of civil litigation, namely:
- Contract disputes. It happened when one or more parties signed a contract that couldn't or would not fulfill the obligations. The issue occurs due to a contract written in fuzzy terms, which creates disparate expectations of the signers. But, it is usually because one party may overextend itself and not have enough employees or money in fulfilling their obligations.
- Property disputes. Property law involves disputes of property ownership and damages to another real estate or property. Several types of property disputes that a civil lawyer can handle.
- Torts. It is a civil case where one party alleges another caused them emotional or physical harm. Tort cases take a lot of different forms. It can relate to the safety of the following:
- Person’s personal safety
- Safety of property
- Financial security
There are also some common torts related to injury and accident including battery cases or assault, and negligence cases, in which one party alleges not doing the assigned duty.
- Class action cases. It is similar to tort cases, merely the prosecution represents a group of people or class who are injured for the same reasons. Some common situations are exposure to hazardous materials or defective products, in which the faulty item injured many people before being recalled.
The Singapore Lawyer is one of the most trusted civil litigation lawyer in Singapore. Contact them today.